Thursday, October 7, 2010

EVEN YOUR LIPS DESERVE A TRIP TO THE SPA

With the changing of this week’s temperatures here in Florida I have had several people (male and female) ask me about ways to treat their dry,chapped and even cracked lips. I have personally had to deal with this myself year round and decided to research the subject. Not only was I directly affected me but, my youngest son was constantly plagued by chapped/cracked lips to the point that they would bleed at times. This is common among young children because they are constantly licking their lips and we as mom’s are always making sure to keep Chap Stick on hand. For him it was always worse in the winter and I know that this is the case for many of us. For others it can be a year round battle.  Chapped lips are the result of diminished moisture in the skin on and around the lips. In most cases, chapped lips are caused by the elements. Therefore, the change in climates (extreme or not) can and will affect the texture/condition of your lips. Keep in mind that there are other factors, such as frequent licking of the lips or an allergic reaction that may be the cause. Chapped/cracked lips are a common condition and can be treated fairly simply and inexpensively.
Does This Happen To You?
Chapped lips are marked by dry, cracked, painful lips and may result in a red ring around the mouth and in severe cases even bleeding. In the summer, the sun can be responsible for chapped lips, but routine use of a lip balm/chap stick containing sunscreen can prevent summertime chapped lips. In the wintertime, chapped lips are a more common problem, because the air is dry and the cold wind further dries the lips out. Many people lick their lips to relieve the dryness, making the problem worse. Just as in the summertime, treating chapped lips in the winter can be done with a moisturizing lip balm containing sunscreen.
In my attempts to battle this unattractive and uncomfortable issue I finally stumbled upon a “miracle” treatment that has helped to resolve the issue. Before becoming a Mary Kay consultant I attended a Mary Kay party being hosted by a girlfriend of mine. One of the products being featured was the “Satin Lips” for $18. This item sparked my interest and I purchased it. After the first treatment I literally saw and felt the difference; not only for myself but for my children as well. Needless to say my family & I have been devoted users of it ever since. I no longer have to keep a tube of Chap Stick in my car, my purse, the kids’ backpacks or what seemed to be every room of the house. I simply practice the two step process of “Satin Lips” twice a week.
First, you apply the Satin Lips Lip Mask. This step effectively exfoliates dead surface skin cells that cause lips to appear dull and lifeless. You will leave the mask on your lips for two minutes then simply wipe it off. Not only are you wiping away the mask but, the dead skin cells that cause the appearance of chapped/cracked lips. The next step is to apply the Satin Lips Lip Balm. You will apply this just as you would any lip balm or chap stick. Clinical results show that a single application of Satin Lips Lip Balm moisturizes the lips for at LEAST six hours. If you choose you can use the Satin Lips Lip Balm daily to get the maximum conditioning and to maintain that ultra-smooth texture that Satin Lips Lip Balm gives you. This product is available for purchase as a set or separately but, I strongly recommend using them together to achieve the most healthy, visible and gorgeous results. By using these items on your lips, you are giving your lips the same treatment you do (or should do) to the rest of your skin. We exfoliate our face, our legs, and it is proven that our lips need and deserve it too!!


Insure Your "Pucker Perfect Lips"

You do not have to suffer from this condition in order to use this product. If you belong to the lucky/blessed group of individuals who do not have this problem you can insure that you do not become a member of the "chapped lip club" (LOL). They say prevention is the best medicine and I know that to be true testament with this product. A friend of mine who is an avid skier (both water and snow) uses this product faithfully. He is proud to say he has never had an issue with chapped lips and claims “having good genes has nothing to do with it”. Research has proven Alex’s statement to be true. Genes do not affect your chances of having chapped lips (or not)….just nature. So why not secure your “pucker perfect” lips by using "Satin Lips" as your own personal lip spa.  


In the event that chapped lips become a severe problem, such as with habitual licking, and the redness, cracking and dryness become so painful that talking or chewing is difficult, you should use a medicated lip balm. Avoid using flavored lip balm, as it can encourage more frequent licking of the lips, especially in children.
Children Are Habitual Lickers Causing Worse Cases
of Chapped Lips
If you choose to not introduce and/or implement a lip care and maintenance program like “Satin Lips” into your current skincare routine please be sure to practice other forms of personal care for your dry, chapped lips. Frequent and regular application of lip balm often relieves chapped lips without further incident. Other ways to prevent chapped lips include increasing the amount of humidity in your home and covering your lips with a ski mask or scarf in the winter. Frequent washing of the mouth followed by application of lip balm also helps alleviate the discomfort associated with chapped lips. In some cases, a prescription lip balm may be required if the symptoms are not alleviated with regular treatment or if chapped lips become so severe that the skin begins to bleed.
For more information on this amazing product or to place your order please visit my website: www.marykay.com/ur4beauty
First time customers receive 20% off their first order and I can ship your order directly to you regardless of where you live. If you would like to request free samples of this product or any others offered my Mary Kay, you may also do that directly on my website.
I hope to add you to the list of the wonderful testimonials for this product. Have a great day!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I remember when I was 6 years old, and my lips became so raw that I would cry from the sting of air touching my lips. It seemed, at the time, that licking them would be the only thing that soothed them. Even at that age, I knew licking them only made it worse, but I just couldn't stop.

    A few years ago, during a harsh and very cold winter in Virginia, my lips became incessantly dry. I was going through a stick of lip balm every two days. I did my level-best to not lick them, but sometimes, instinct takes over.

    I'm very glad you covered this subject, and it's beyond awesome that you have a product that can help combat chapped lips. I've been complimented many times by more than a few women about how soft my lips are, and now, it is something that I take pride in. So, if I suspect another bout of chapped lips, you should expect to hear from me.

    Another great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Chuck. I am glad you liked the blog. And, if you have any subjects you would like for me to cover or questions (they can turn into a blog) please let me know. Thanks again for following me.

    ReplyDelete