Sunday, October 10, 2010

Compact Your World



I wanted to write about the fabulously unique make-up compacts that Mary Kay offers. As a woman who proudly admits that her compact is her constant companion I am so appreciative of this product. There is not another compact on the market like the one we proudly manufacture. In researching additional information about this compact I found this wonderful review and it really says it all. The review is from Jenny Rapson of the website: www.blissfullydomestic.ning.com

By Jenny Rapson on October 1, 2008
I’m not a “Pink Lady” (my oh-so-clever nickname for Mary Kay Consultants), but I do love the products they pedal. I’ve tried lots of cosmetics over the years and Mary Kay is what works best for me and is in my price range. So as you may imagine, I was thrilled when the good folks at Pink Lady Central (aka Mary Kay Corporate) sent me their new compact to try out and review.
It. Is. Awesome!
I love it, and here are a couple of quick reasons why you will love the new Mary Kay Compact too!
  • It’s customizable. You can put six eye shadows in it, or three eye shadows and a blush, or a blush and bronzer, or pressed powder and highlighting powder…the combinations are literally endless! There is also space for a lipstick or lip gloss and your brushes and applicators.
  • It’s easy-to-use. The compact and the items that go in it are MAGNETIC so they stay in place! The compact also has a little tab on it that snaps loose easily when you want to switch out your cosmetics. It’s as simple as can be.
  • It’s just the right size. This compact literally fits in the palm of your hand, and slips into any purse, even a clutch! So you can have your beauty essentials with you anywhere! The surface is scratch-proof also, so no matter what else you have in your purse, your compact will still come out looking great!

Endless Possibilities

The compact retails for just $18, and you can start filling it with cosmetics starting at just $6.50! You can purchase it online or from your Mary Kay Consultant.
How do you carry your makeup when you’re on the go? Come show and share at the Blissfully Domestic Forums!
Jenny Rapson is a makeup junkie and SAHM of two. Come peek into her daily life at her blog, Mommin’ It Up!
Posted in Fashion & Style
Jenny Rapson is a SAHM of two great kids. She loves fashion, is a makeup junkie, and can be found blogging about all her other various addictions and life as a mom over at Mommin' It Up! Got a product to review or promotion for Blissful Style? Contact Jenny via email at jenny at blissfullydomestic dot com. Follow her on twitter - she's @jennyitup and @BlissfulStyle.
Jenny Rapson's Website:
7 responses to “Review – Why You’ll Love the New Mary Kay Compact”
1. Sylvia
October 1, 2008 at 9:34 am | Permalink
I love, love this compact too! I signed up as a rep just to get product at a discount! Their stuff is the best!
2.   Lore Mullins
October 1, 2008 at 10:15 am | Permalink
I’m not a “pink lady” either but I signed up with MK just to get the discount for myself because I’m an MK junkie. HOWEVER….I extend a 25% off your entire order discount to everyone! (EVERYONE!!!!) If you’re interested in getting your compact and filling it up (and at 25% off!) I can help! Just email me (thebargainista@gmail.com)
3.   Jenny Rapson
            October 1, 2008 at 10:21 am | Permalink
Hey all! I listed the wrong link to the forums. OOPS! My bad! Here is the link to discuss this post or how you take your makeup on the go with you!
October 1, 2008 at 10:48 am | Permalink
This is such a great review! I am a “Pink Lady” and it is refreshing to see an honest positive review from someone who does not necessarily have an invested interest in the product. I’m happy that you enjoy the products! I also think it is very cool that MKC sent you the compact to try out. Kudos to them and Kudos to you! I’ve linked to the article from my blog. And let me just say that my new best friend is the Compact Pro. tee hee
October 1, 2008 at 12:54 pm | Permalink
Woohoo! Great review! I’m a “Pink Lady” too, and this is one of my favorite new product launches since I joined Mary Kay (7+ years).
Thanks for getting the word out!
6. Cherie
    October 1, 2008 at 1:02 pm | Permalink
    I love the redesign on the compact! I have the old school silver one from a few years back. Great review!
7. Joline
 October 1, 2008 at 2:22 pm | Permalink
 Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am a “pink lady” and so appreciate the glowing review of our compact. I really enjoy reading your posts!

Mary Kay Compact Unfilled
The Mary Kay Compact is available for purchase in two sizes; the Mary Kay Compact ($18) and the Mary Kay Compact Pro ($35). These compacts are unfilled which allows you to customize it to your individual favorites. Since they are so diverse with their ease of interchanging, you can design it for your work day makeup choices then within moments change it to your colors and needs for a night on the town. The Mary Kay Compact fits perfectly in your pocket book any day of the week. For those more elegant outings you will find that it also is the perfect size for those clutches that only get brought out for special occasions.





The Mary Kay Compact Pro
Your Personal Genie
The Mary Kay Compact Pro is what I consider to be a lifesaver & space saver all wrapped up in one. You will be amazed at how uncluttered your bathroom countertops become when you utilize this to its full potential. You can have all of your makeup needs arranged neatly in one brilliant station. You will feel like this compact is your own personal Genie when you travel because of its space saving abilities. It has so many options for personalization that you will find you can eliminate a whole bag simply by using this compact. If you are interested in making your regular/everyday beauty area more contained, organized and clutter free then you need to order your very own Compact Pro today. Having the ability to change and create your compact will leave you feeling like an artist who created a masterpiece from an empty pallet. You WILL fall in love with this product!!

Design Your Own Masterpiece

To order this product or to simply browse our entire catalogue please visit my website www.marykay.com/ur4beauty. You will be able to read additional information on these compacts and explore the endless options you have it designing your own customized compact. All first time customers receive 20% off their intitial orders. Start designing yours today!!
 


1 comment:

  1. I want to apologize for the "not so perfect" areas of this blog. Evidently, there were issues with Blogspot today that left me (along with others) completely frustrated. Rather than delete the blog (for the fourth time) and start all over I decided to leave it and hope my audience would understand. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete